Health and Temperance Ministry
As Christians, we strongly believe that a healthy body and mind are required to fully serve the Lord and to live an abundant and joy-filled life that will ‘shine’ for Christ. With this in mind, it is no wonder that Bronte’s Health and Temperance Ministry is a very active and visible part of the church. As is evident in it’s title, the ministry is primarily focused on promoting health and wellness with an emphasis on lifestyle and strong relationships with church, community and God.
The guiding mission statement for the ministry is: “Increase Community Health Awareness and Draw people closer to God” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Your Body – His Temple!)
Get Bronte’s very own Vegetarian Cookbook for free via download or App!
Choose your version…
Activities & Opportunities to Get Involved!
As mentioned, this is one active ministry! Whether it be a food fair, cooking class, the famous ‘Bronte’s Biggest Loser’ challenge or even an App for your smartphone, there is always some health and wellness promoting activity to get involved in!
Here are few things to look out for:
- Bronte Cookbook 2nd Edition App or Download
- AED Defibrillator Training
- Health Speaker Events
- Veggie Challenge!
- The “Last Supper” BEFORE
- Bronte’s Biggest Loser!!! (Link with Health Coach, Buddy, Nutrition, Bronte Striders, Health Nuggets, Health Food Tasting)
- Vegetarian Cooking Classes
- Fall Food Fair – Health Promotion Activities
- Youth Event on Healthy Lifestyle & Visit to Pathfinders
- Bronte Blood Donor Drive